Eckaard qualified as an attorney, conveyancer and Notary Public in 1983. He joined the firm in 1987 and heads the Commercial Department and advises on the negotiation and structuring of projects involving complex contracts.
Eckaard is a fitness fanatic and has completed seven Comrades Marathons, five Duzi marathons and he has climbed to the base camp of Mount Everest and to the top of Mount Kilimanjaro. Somehow he also seems to fit in time for hiking and reading fiction and biographies.
Professional profile and experience
- B Iur, LLB, Cert Tax Law (Unisa)
- Admitted as attorney, notary and conveyancer in 1983
- Member of the Disciplinary Committee of the Law Society of the Northern Provinces
- Lectured in related subjects at the Law School of the Law Society of the Northern Provinces
- Partner at Le Roux Van Rensburg 1984 – 1987
- Director at Weavind & Weavind 1987 – present
Areas of specialisation
- Advises on the negotiation and structuring of projects involving complex contracts, including joint ventures, public/private partnerships contracts, private equity transactions, mergers and acquisitions, IT contracts, restructuring and group reorganisations and general corporate and commercial issues.
- Commercial law
- Corporate restructuring
- Joint ventures
- Shareholder agreements
- Share sale agreements
- Competition law
- Commercial real estate
- Property development
- Technology contracts
- Intellectual Property