Pieta is a family man to the core and likes spending time with his wife and two daughters. When not in the office he is keen on a good road or trail run and the occasional mountain bike ride. He has completed numerous half marathons and mountain trail races whilst also chancing his (not so strong swimming) arm at the odd off-road triathlon.
Professional profile and experience
- B Comm, LLB (University of the Free State)
- Advanced Programme in Taxation (previously known as H. Dip. Tax – UNISA)
- Admitted Attorney
He started out in the commercial department of a well-known and established legal firm, broadened his horizons with a short stint in the financial services industry. He made the move into the private equity space focussing mainly on mergers and acquisitions as well as equity investments (both locally and internationally) before venturing back into private practice. He is a practical and commercially minded professional with a real interest in business. During his career he has gained extensive experience in transactional work, advising and acting on behalf of corporate, private and institutional clients (including clients listed on a recognised stock exchange).
Areas of specialisation
- Legal advice and assistance with mergers and acquisitions.
- Legal advice and assistance on equity investments.
- Advice on and implementation of corporate structuring and restructuring.
- Legal due diligences on companies and/or businesses.
- Identifying and management of risk associated with commercial transactions.
- Drafting of and advice on all forms of commercial agreements.
- Advice regarding corporate governance and compliance matters.
- Structuring of projects, tenders, developments and proposals.
- Business formation and setting up of appropriate business entities.
- Holistic approach and advice on the structuring of an individual’s affairs and estate planning.
- Drafting of tailor-made trusts, trustee resolutions and trust amendments.
- Facilitation of and assistance in the setting up of offshore companies and trusts.